HybridZ

TiAL BOV question

I just recieved my tial bov and I dont see any adjustment provisions.Most likely doesnt require any adjustments but the Turbo-X unit I'm replacing, did.Does anyone know if this is the case? Ive searched Garrett's site and theres no info.I'll get the flange welded on tomorrow and try it out after work.Its a beautiful piece of work, almost too pretty to put on a motor.

Mine has a 8 psi spring and I use my boost controller to bring it up. Works great...Tial 38mm.

He said BOV not Wastegate.

Tial's BOV is 50mm

Ive had success trimming the spring also if its too tight and surges on you. You can take the spring out and trim it down like a mexican does to his honda.

Guest ON3GO
Will you let us know how you like the TiaL compared to your other one?

you cant compare the two... The Tial is art work and a great unit...

mike

thanks Mike...it is stainless and they're mandrel els cut and welded together then polished to appear as one pc.

Took it for a spin tonight and its still bleeding air off at 5-6 psi.Its so loud, I was sure it was BOV.Checked all the hose connections from the turbo to the TB and everythings tight.Its got to be the wastegate dumping air.Guess I should have put my money into a better Boost controller.I'm using a Dawes Devices unit and its been pretty good so far.I'll make some adjustments and see if thats been the problem.