HybridZ

optical triggering problems

trippintl0

well, i've run into a problem, 1st ever major problem. I haven't run car in a few weeks. Was running great before. I installed an alarm on the car, but haven't messed with any MS wires. Now, the car is running extremely rich. The only thing I notice wrong is that even after I turn off the car (with MS still on, ign+12v position) I get little flickers from the optical dizzy trigger.. The flickers aren't enough to set the fuel pump to prime, but it is still worrysome.

(this is an 83 turbo l28et, optical dizzy setup. ) I have it wired with the resistor like Moby's drawing shows, and it was working great before.

I mean, the car runs, but it's like it will hardly run at all. After lowering all of my VE's DRASTICALLY! and cutting off all enrichments, it would idle sort of OK. But I rev it up, and it gets real rough. Wideband shows that A/F ratios are almost unstable. When I rev, they jump around. My theory is that I am getting false triggers which are causing the injectors to pulse too often. ??

Only other thing is, I don't see anything in datalogs to support these "extra" triggers. It all looks fine.

Any leads??!? Is the fact that the optical trigger is flickering even a problem? I don't remember it doing that before. Thanks for any help!

My first inclination would be that something happened during the alarm system install that caused the megasquirt memory to become corrupted. The easiest thing to try is to reflash your code and settings back on the unit. I have heard of many instances like this, but I have never had to re-flash my code.

well, he he, it turns out the plugs were pretty much fouled out. too much running rich. i reflashed my code anyways, and downloaded the newest version of megatune. hopefully i can use autotune to help me get this thing running better. it's still running crappy compared to how it was before the alarm and all that.