HybridZ

TURBO ..... Oil Pumps

Lurch2461

As a spin off from Dave's thread, I have found, so far, three (3) different oil pumps in L28ET engines.

For example: The cast marks on the side of the pump housings say H3, H33, and H4. New line, maybe K4 as suggested.

The H4 I'm told, comes from an AUTO with oil cooler and is reputed to be the best & highest volume pump of all.

I have seen or been advised that all models have been fitted to L28ET's.

Can someone tell me the difference between these pumps and not just that they have different volumes.

Sorry for the bold italics, I'm not yelling at anyone, just trying to highlight the question.

Cheers,

Dennis

I talked to a Melling Oil Pump tech guy about their datsun pumps a few years ago. He told me the turbo pumps use longer rotors than the NA pumps, therefore pump more volume per rev. And the turbo pumps were the same except the automatic pump has a lower pressure relief spring. Melling had a nice web site a few years ago with pump information listed. You might find more information there.