HybridZ

Before I purchase a New Dizzy...

badjuju

My EDIS setup looks as if it's going to fall through, because the custom work I would need done wouldn't be finished until 2 months after my whole setup is supposed to be up and running. It appears as though it would be better to just bite the bullet and buy an 83 dizzy and get it over with for the ignition side of things. Before I go spend $300 on a new one at campbell/nelson nissan, Is it worth it to buy a used one, what is a good price for a used one, and will an 83 turbo dizzy just drop into my 81 turbo? I'm thinking yes, but it's best to ask.

The 83 won't just drop in. Reason being is that the "oil shaft" and the dizzy shaft have different fittings. So you would have to replace the shaft that drive the oil pump and dizzy. As far as the oil pump is concerned, both types have the same fit on that side of the shaft.

Actually I have a 83 turbo dizzy, shaft, and turbo oil pump that I don't need anymore because I'm doing a KA swap in my zcar. PM me we'll talk

What's wrong with using the old CAS and the original turbo dizzy?

It can be done, the instructions from Tony D. are copied into the sticky guide, but it is easier to use the 83 type dizzy, even if you have to swap to the 83 it is still easier. But either one can be made to work.

• 3 weeks later...

Remember that the only reason I used a GM HEI module was because the old megasquirt code back then could not do dwell. Since dwell control has been added you can use any transistor to fire the coil. The GM HEI 4 pin module would control dwell well enough on its own to work with the really old code.

• 2 weeks later...

randy, can you draw me up a wiring diagram or explain how your transistor connector is wired? i'm getting sick of this hei module, i'm going to try my stock ignition module, but it's been disconnected for 3 months so i'm not sure how to wire it back up