HybridZ

KA24DE with megasquirts Q?

AK-Z

Sorry I feel like I'm pesturing you with all these questions.

So a pullup resistor on pin 1 ok. So do I put it to a 5v source or a 12v? in your diagram in the stick it says 5v.

Whats ther different between MS I and MS II? is MS I upgradable to II?

The kit you mentioned ($137) is MS I, the MS II is $230.

Use a 5v source for the pullup like with the GM module.

MSI comes in two flavors, v2.2 and v3.0

v3.0 has some added features that are nice like the coil drive tranistor on the board.

MSII I thought was a daughterboard that plugs into a v3 board and upgrades the processor, but MSnS_Extra code is not supported for that processor yet. So I would stick with MSI in either v2.2 or v3.0 and use the MSnS_Extra code.

MSII does support GM TPI nicely and supports the fast idle air controller in a TPI setup, so if you are going with a chevy V8 TPI install MSII would be good.

So, for kit I think v2.2 is better for me. firmware I should get the MS-I that comes with the kit? Does MS-I have spark control, or do I have to load MSnS or MSnS-E? Can I do that on the MS-I kit?

Standard MSI software does not run spark. So load it with MSnS_Extra. If you buy an assembled kit have them load it with MSnS_Extra. MSnS_Extra works on MSI v2.2 or V3. It does not work yet on MSII processor.

Hope that helps, be sure to check through every setting and every section of MSnS_Extra in Megatune, there are a lot of things, when in doubt use the Bowling and Grippo defaults which have a marker by them in each section of Megatune.