HybridZ

Mitsubishi G63 Sirius DASH Turbo swap

DAW

I have been collecting parts to build a 2L turbo motor using the DASH head to replace the 2.6L G54B in my Starion, but I'm going to sell the car with its present engine. Meanwhile, I've been thinking about using the 2.0L engine in an early Zcar.

The DASH head is a 12-valve head (2 intake, 1 exhaust valve) but uses two separate intake ports for the two intake valves. For low-speed, off-boost response, the intake port/manifold runner/valve is small. At about the point where the optimum charge velocity/response it affords becomes flow-restricted (around 2,600 rpm), an electrical solenoid in the head activates a secondary intake valvetrain of significantly larger ports/valves/intake runners. From that point-on until redline, both sets of intakes are flowing and they share the same plenum.

I've got the head and turbo manifold, trans, rods and pistons. The block should not be too difficult and I think I'm looking for a wide-block G63 as used in the Mighty Max truck. I'll probably have to fabricate an intake unless someone from down-under reads this and offers one for sale.

My questions are about oil pan sump/engine mounts/etc. i.e., has anyone swapped in a G63 or G64 and what were the obstacles/issues? I searched and didn't find. DAW

Oh, BTW, I'm not interested in going with a G64 shortblock (2.4L). A 100mm stroke is not an engine I'm interested in. I prefer the shorter stroke of the G63, even though the displacement is less. DAW

Guest ON3GO

what you want for the starion, any pics? any starion parts you want to sell?

etc etc etc....

i have a conquest just sitting waiting for whatever...

mike

• 3 months later...

I havent personally ever seen a 2.0 wideblock at the yards or even in person and I have been serious in the DSm community for about 5 years now of engine building and 6bolt swaps. Good Luck finding one and if you need any parts lemme know and I can ship them to you from the Dallas area. Also the tranny will be the issue unless you hang onto your old StarQuest tranny.