HybridZ

Sorry for all the dumb questions. BTW-- IT RUNS!!! FAST, TOO!

Chaoticmass

K, all my problems were from me bieng ignorant and not doing my homework enough. The problem I had with only 1 injector bank firing was because I did not have it set to fire the 2nd bank of injectors while cranking (DUUUH).

The problem I had with the MS box going nuts when I set FIDLE to control spark was due to incomplete settings in basic code config. Did not have distributer mode selected.

With those problems out of the way I could start the car, but still had a mountain of tuning work to do.

I didn't have a basemap for version 2.4 of MSnS Extra, but I did have a basemap for 2.1. So I decided to 'downgrade' and load the 2.1 firmware. I configured megatune to use the 2.1 version ini file and then loaded the basemap I had for the 2.1 firmware. With this basemap the car ran a lot better, and then I was able to tune some more and it runs REALLY REALLY GOOD. Still have a LOT of room to improve, but when that boost kicks in it really huals.

When I wrecked the first Z (sad) I took all the goodies off the old motor and put them on the motor in the new Z. Intake manifold, fuel rail, etc.

But when the NA motor in that Z started doing the blue smoke thing, and Jerry mentioned he had a turbo motor for sale I decided to ditch that motor and buy the turbo motor from Jerry and run Megasquirt.