HybridZ

Tuning Problems

badjuju

2 parts, One; It's taking about 20 seconds of cranking to start the engine, and when it starts, when I put it into drive, it will die unless I go to about half throttle.

Second part:

With MSTweak, I can't click the "calculate MAP" button under modify VE Map, and I get an error in the main window saying "Failed loading VSSFactor.inc"

In Vexme, no matter what I put in as a log, I never get more than 1 or 2 suggested changes... where am I going wrong, does it only tell you when you need to add fuel?

MSLVV just comes up with an error written " ' " when I open a log... Anyone have any suggestions?

I know that some of you don't use a tuning program and just do it by reveiwing logs. Those of you that do this, how do ya do it? MS Logs my LC1 as 0-5v at .5-1.5 lambda

I don't use either one of those methods, I have my wife drive the car and I adjust the fuel tables as we drive. I have her cruise steady, adjust that area, cruise in different gears to get to different RPMs, go WOT runs in various gears. After about 20 minutes everything is tuned like I want it. 14-15AFR for cruising and light load areas, 12AFR for medium and WOT. Maybe dips into the 11's a little when boost is over 12psi. BTW, I turn off all accell enrichments and EGO correction while tuning like this(just like the megamanual recommends)

That way I get to see immediate changes in AFRs and know the table works like I want right away.

If you have to crank forever to start then it sounds like you need to change the priming or cranking pulse widths. What does the AFR show immediately upon startup (rich or lean) then you know what need to happen to the after start enrichment.

My AFR doesn't show up until it's been running about 10 seconds, reason being because there's a warmup period (even if it's already hot) where the LC1 doesn't report, and while the engine is cranking there is no power to the lc1 because of the way the ignition key is setup.

Can you tell me how to turn off every enrichment one by one? I've tried turning them all off and I think they're still on

• Administrators
.... BTW' date=' I turn off all accell enrichments and EGO correction while tuning like this(just like the megamanual recommends)[/b']

That way I get to see immediate changes in AFRs and know the table works like I want right away. ......

Moby,

What is the best method to disable the O2?

TIA,

I set my active above rpm to 10,000. should work so long as you're not going over 10k. I tuned for about 4 hours today, had my buddy changing values as I drove. At... and i'll check on this when i get my laptop charged... I think at 4800 rpm and... 40-50 kpa, it starts bogging. AF is about 15, so we raised the fuel. before we know it we're at about 97 for that value, the afr is down to 11.5-13 ish, but it still bogs. do i need to advance the timing? retard the timing?

I disable the O2 by entering an rpm like the 10,000 that badjuju mentioned. I disable the accell enrichment (TPSdot) by entering 20 volts/seconds in the TPSdot threshhold.

For spark, off boost, enter idle timing at around 23 degrees like factory and then ramp that up to 34 degrees by 3000 rpm and stay at 34 degrees until you have boost. Then as you enter boost remove 1 degree per pound of boost. That is a good starting point anyway.

What is your timing where it bogs? And where does it bog? (aprroximate MAP and RPM value)

My Talon was bogging around 2500rpm and 40 KPA (cruising) because the timing was set at 19 degrees(don't ask why it was so low). I changed that up to around 30 degrees like my rule of thumb above and that removed the bog. Always pay attention for pre-detonation of course, which is less likely under low load cruising conditions, so you can get away with timing like 40 degrees during cruising.

also, I verified that EGO correction and accell enrichment are turned off by watching the realtime display and looking at logs