HybridZ

Window Roller part number?

Guest early_Zed

Guest early_Zed

Would anyone out there know the Nissan part numbers for the driver and passenger window rollers? (1970-78 z)

These are the rollers that clip onto the outside top edge of the door shell and press against the outside of the glass as it rolls up/down. These seem to be a challenge to find in the parts catalogue for my local dealer.

Thanks!

You're going to have to be more specific. There are as many window mechanicals as there are door latch designs for the first generation Z cars. The 280z alone have 2 different ones (windows machinicals and latch designs). though they are similar they aren't quite the same. Had that problem when I swapped mine. Didn't quite fit, Imine it fit but the window never quite lined up right, untill I swapped it out for the right one.

Guest early_Zed

The roller is not part of the window regulator. The roller clips to the upper outside door panel, underneath the outside chrome windowseal. The latest Motorsport catalogue shows one at the bottom of p 138. This item is indeed a roller but other applicable terminology might be 'guide' or 'bumper'. It is my understanding they were used on all the Z models.

On a visit to my local dealer, I spent quite some time with his 240Z parts listing binder but had no luck finding the listing for them.

80840-E4101 Drivers side and 80841-E4101 passengers side, and yes, they are called a "bumper"

Watch this sellers auctions, they list them quite frequently and have about the best price you'll find, although their shipping is a bit slower since they use UPS for everything.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZvintageQ5fnissanQ5fpartsQQssPageNameZSTRKQ3aMEBIQ3aMESOI

Guest early_Zed

Thanks for the part numbers. I will check with my dealer tomorrow.

I have been surprised by some of the pricing I get from the dealer. Better prices than ebay, and no shipping/brokerage fees coming up here across the border.