HybridZ

MegaSquirt Version? Need input

Wide260z

The consensus right now is that MSI with MSnS_Extra code is better if your are doing stuff like turbo with nitrous/water injection/boost control/traction control/knock sense, etc

For normal engine or normal turbo setup MSII should be fine and one of these days the MSnS_Extra code will be supported on MSII and then it won't matter.

Alright, i am doing a f54 block setup w/ an E88 head. I'm not looking to run insane amount of boost. I already have an msd 6al, don't know if i should use it or should just use the ms&s system. Why i am posting. I'm not sure on the injectors yet, i can't find a fuel rail. Probably going to go with something close to 440 or 550cc. Looks for a decent street car. Just bought a stage 2 cam from motor sport, i can't remember the specs off hand. Also i have heard rumors about having to use a speed density sensor rather than than the stock MAF. Where does this sensor hook into? Any advice would be great, i'm trying to get my project done and running.

Kris~

Also i have heard rumors about having to use a speed density sensor rather than than the stock MAF. Where does this sensor hook into?

The speed density system uses a MAP sensor to measure maniflod pressure, that sensor is located on the Megasquirt computer and you just run a vacuum line to your manifold. Using the MAP sensor is that standard way to go with megasquirt.

With the Extra code you can possibly run a MAF meter instead, it allows support for MAF.