HybridZ

How much should I pay for 15" first-gen 300Z wheels?

Okay.. My buddy just bought a 510 that came with like 3 or 4 sets of wheels.. he's got some Minilites, 300ZX wheels, 280ZX wheels, and some others that I didn't really look at.. I was originally intending on going to 16"x7" Panasports and running like a 225 tire. But my friend got these 15"x6?" Z wheels and they're pretty nice.. tires are okay.. low-profile and have some wear left. (Bridgestones? I think). How much should I offer? I know they're not Panasports, but he's a really good friend and he doesn't need all those wheels... hell, 15" is better than the 14"x5.5" or 6" that I'm running right now. $150? $200? less?

Offer him $100--that's probably what you'd pay at a wrecking yard for some wheels and tires anyway. If he wants more, give him more..this does include tires, yes? I wouldn't pay more than $250 for them from a friend, but that's IMO only. Those wheels are a start and they're cheap.

Never mind.. he just asked $100 and I took it. On closer inspection, there's plenty of tire left. They're 195r50-15s, which is plenty for my application. One wheel has some nasty gouges and they all have an interesting spiderwebbing in the clearcoat but it's cool. I couldn't pass up the deal.