HybridZ

Which megasuirt system to buy?

Guest alex86a2t

Guest alex86a2t

Hi sorry about the last post, right after i posted i found what i was looking for.

Anyways i am trying to get my car on the road again i just recently rebuilt my engine and when i put it in the ecu burned. So i decided to make some fuel rails and add some 880cc injectors and go standalone. I know i definetly want to go megasquirt because it is cheap and there is a lot of info out there for it. I already purchased a V3 MS1 and assembled it but it didn't want to communicate w/ the computer or stimulator. So instead of breathing in all that lead again i am deciding to buy a preasembled unit.

I already downloaded the megatune 2.25 and started getting the MSNS initial tables started. So i figured that out and i know i want the ignition maps. 12x12 tables preferably but i can settle with 8x8. I just wanna get my car back on the road before the next upstate Z meet. I don't really care about flyback or anything like that i just want a basic system that controls fuel AND spark retard. Which megasquirt do you prefer, please keep in mind that I only have about $400 for everything, so the V3 MS2 is probably out of the picture unless someone here has a used one for sale.

Also if anyone wants to try and figure out what is wring with my V3 MS1 board, t is yours, just make me an offer I will let it go cheap. Just PM me or call me 864-304-1318

Thanks for the help guys

Alex

I don't really care about flyback or anything like that i just want a basic system that controls fuel AND spark retard.

First, don't call us retards.

jk, lol

I don't know much about v3, but I know you can drive an ignitino coil with it without an ignition module, which sounds neat, because an HEI module is just one more thing to burn up. I personally have had great luck with msI on a pcb 2.2, once I got up and running. The interface, to my knowledge is pretty much the same, since you'll be using megatune either way. 2.2 is cheaper, the companies are probably getting close to just wanting to get rid of them, yada yada. however, it's still an awesome computer, and unless you're running a wheel decoder and nitrous, a 2.2 will work fine, without a daughterboard.

Guest alex86a2t
If you are having problems with your MS board you can always contact Peter from his web site http://www.firstfives.org/.

I would do that before I buy another unit.

HB280ZT

I would do that, but i wanna get my engine broke in before i drive it to sezs06. So i am kind of in a hurry, I think i am going to go with the 2.2, and if it won't control igntion, i have a 6AL and an MSD BTM unit lying here i can use.

I would definitely spend a little more and get the v3. It's a better design and it has just about every feature built in. The 2.2 will work just fine, but you'll have to buy a few extra things to run the VB921 (MS's ignition module).

You said you only have 8x8 spark tables? You must be using MSnS, get MSnS-Extra installed. It has multiple 12x12 fuel and spark tables.