HybridZ

Simple fuel supply set-up for F.I. V8s

I only have a single AN fuel line running from the fuel tank (Walbro 255 in tank pump) forward to my LS2's engine bay. This line is also heat sheilded. I mention this because there is NO returning fuel line to return HOT fuel back to the tank. The by-pass line is integrated in the unit and as in the C-5 Vette uses mounting as close to the tank as possible. It's also much easier on the fuel pump. The integral regulator is non-adjustable maintaining a constant 55-60 PSI at the fuel rail in volumes that can support up to 600 HP.

I'm building my car for Arizona, so I'm also using a Ron Davis, dual 1-1/2 tube, cross-flow 26 X 16 aluminum radiator. Dual Spal 13" fans shrouded.

Forgot to mention, the OEM C-5 Corvette filter / regulator ($39.00) uses the OEM "quick connects", Russell sells the adapters and we saved Corvette, Camaro stainless steel hard fuel lines from the wrecking yard to "cheap" adapt also. What's great is, it only takes a couple of minutes to completely change it out if need be.

Hope the info helps.

- Lee

Attached Thumbnailshttp://forum.miata.net/vb/attachment...&stc=1&thumb=1

The LS_ motors are set-up and tuned with a returnless fuel system that maintains a constant fuel pressure at all times... but the LT_ systems are set-up and tuned with a return system that has a vac line to the FPR that adjusts the pressure based on vac. That is why I stayed with the external FPR and a return line.

Maybe it could be adapted... I have never had an issue with the fuel getting too hot and causing issues.