HybridZ

New to BB, TONS of rear disc ???'s

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Some of you know me; there goes the neighborhood.

Found a write-up on the IZCC tech page about using a homemade flat bracket and early 90's Sentra calipers on the rear, but saw no mention of such a conversion of the site. Looking for answers to 3 prime questions:

1) What's the cheapest way to go?

2) What's the easiest way to go?

3) What's the best way to go?

If any two categories get the same answer, that's a likely choice for me. Thanks.

------------------

John

78 280Z

Coilovers, cage, blah, blah, blah

I will answer a few of your questions, but I'm assuming you don't want to go without an e-brake. the sentra calipers are FRONT calipers int hat conversion. that has been brought up on this site, but wasn't talked about much, since there are better ways.

The swap I used is the 280zx calipers, custom brackets and 5-lug conversion, but you can also use the stock 280zx rotor if you use the Maxima caliper brackets.

It's 82-83 calipers, 81-82 Maxima caliper brackets and the stock 280zx rotor. it's a bolt on, but you have to remove your stub axle to install any of these kits. Mike Gibson (mike@fonebooth.com) can supply the pieces, and Mike Dennis (mdennis@ksplastic.com) can make either bracket. You will need to either use 80 Toyota pickup rear axle hoses for the caliper to frame fitting lines, or pull some off a 82-83 280zx at the wrecking yard. Also, to attatch the e-brake cable, take off the stock mount, but hang onto the clip. slide the cable for the e-brake into the support on the caliper and use the clip to secure it. take the pin out of the clevis and slide the clevis over one part of the claw. push the pin through and put the cotter pin in. that's it. pretty easy. You may have to adjust your cable at the handle, because this shortens the trow of the cable, so you need to pull the cable more at the handle.

That's it. Good luck.