HybridZ

Vacuum Capsule

I finally got my Z back on all 4s and it thanks me by pissing itself all over the passenger floor.

It seem that what is leaking is the "vacuum capsule" next to the water control valve for the heater (little flying saucer type thing).

It seems kind of redundant to have both a mechanical water control valve and what seems to also be a vacuum water control valve (the vacuum capsule thingie).

Can I get rid of it?

Anyone know what it really is for?

Thanks,

Mario

Oh woops, yea, it's on my 78 280z.

It's right next to the water control valve, but what's weird is that the water control valve doesn't full shut off coolant flow, while the other one might (the vacuum capsule i mean, and mine's pitted and leaking).

It's like if water supply is shut off completely by that the vacuum one or something...

Mario

If I'm understanding you right the FSM describes these as the vacuum-operating cock and the water cock that controls the amount of hot water that passes thru your heater core .The vacuuum one is operated by you moving the air lever between cold and hot, therefore you need both of them. They are tied in together and water is to both devices as I understand it.

LARRY