HybridZ

Ordered a set of Rota - Grids

They'll be here Wednesday... 16X8 w/ a 10mm offset in "bronze" Total WITH shipping was $605. What a deal.

I've got a 78' 280 and I'll be running Modern Motorsports 8" coilovers with upgraded maxima rears & 4x4 vented fronts (even though they don't clear without a spacer).

What is the correct tire for that wheel? 245/50/16?

Anybody have a recommendation for a good tire that'll run around $100 a piece? I've been surfing tirerack - and it looks like the BF G-Sports may fit the bill. They won't be driven in the snow - and in the rain only when I get caught in some (very rarely).

Thanks for the help!

225/50/16 and 245/45/16 are both very close to the stock tire height.

Search for 16x8 and you should find a thread where it is suggested that 225/50 is the better pick for track day & autocross style handling.

I'm not spending big bucks on my first set of tires for these wheels for several reasons. I'll probably buy the BFG g-Force Sport in 225/50. There are fewer options in 245/45 and all of them cost more than the g-Force Sport.

I swiped this photo from a 240sx board. It is the 16x8 +10 grids with BFG g-Force Sport 225/50 tires mounted.

GridsWithTires.jpg