HybridZ

Will this turbo do what I want?

Z24O

hi guys

looking for opinions as to the suitability of this turbo for my 302 240Z.....

forged 8.5:1 pistons,eagle rods,edelbrock performer heads,roller cam/rockers,have performer intake with injectors as well as tuneable engine management system but am contemplating going staight propane instead(have twin GRA gas carbies and twin B2 converters)

really want to minimize lag and keep boost threshold low(revs) so wonder if the turbine A/R is too large(1.11),was considering using half the tangential inlet(ie 1.11 divided by 2) and running a 50mm external wastegate through a muffler to atmosphere(hoping to keep back pressure/heat down in the valve/heads)would love to be able to switch the wastegated gas thru the second half of the tangential housing at higher revs like a variable turbine....anyone have any thoughts on this??

compressor is supposed to be good for 55lbs/min or roughly 550hp which is about all i'd want to put a 302 block thru

feel free to give your opinion and experience

oh and forgot to mention i plan running an auto and 2800rpm stall converter

GT3782

.58A/R TS04 compressor cover with 4" inlet

59mm inducer

82mm Major

1.11A/R T4 turbine housing

66.5mm exducer

72.5mm Major

Full floating oil cooled CHRA

3" V-band outlet

thanks guys

paul

western australia

GT37 curve graph_thumb.jpg

gt3782_thumb.JPG

gt37 compressor map_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Killerbee

The 55 lb/min is doable, however, if you run higher than 2.5 PR, compressor discharge temps will go through the roof. Liquid intercooling might be the way to go.

It's hard to believe you can utilize 55 lb/min at that boost however. But it will run efficiently at all other reasonable boost levels. It is a proven design for the turbodiesels, it doesn't give up easily.