HybridZ

side by side picture?

Guest triple_threat311

Guest triple_threat311

Would anyone happen to know where a good side by side picture of a r180 and r200 differential might be? The local salvage yard has a differential from a 78 280z. But they don't know if it came out of a MT or AT so I can't tell if it is the r200 differential. I looked at it, I think it is a r200, it is kind of octagon shaped with round corners but I am not sure. I haven't pulled the r180 out of my 260z yet so I haven't even really seen a r180. To make sure before I pay the 150$ I would like to be certain. If any of you guys happens to know where a picture of a r200 w/ a r180 would be, please post the address.

thanks

anthony

Guest JAMIE T

While I am no expert, I think R180's have bolts around were the stub axles insert into the diff. R200's do not have these bolts. Also, $150 seems a little steep to me, should be $50-$75 I think. Thats my none expert opinion icon_biggrin.gif Good Luck

Jamie

Deathstar

The JTR book has the pictures...

Also, just measure your diff 3 ways and go measure that other diff 3 ways, then compare. Once you see an R200 in person, it's fairly easy to distinguish the two apart. The R180 looks almost anemic in comparison.

David

Guest Anonymous

Sure is! That was the latest address I had. Heck, that URL still comes up in Google as well. Must be a recent turn-off. Hopefully Brian will repost his info. That will be a big loss for the Z community.

Craig