HybridZ

250 GTO kit planned, need advice

Guest jerrit1

I found a rust free 1978 280Z for $2800 that runs great, has a nice black interior. The car only needs paint due to sun fading.

I plan on buying the Thunder Ranch kit for $3195

I have a friend who will paint it.

Exaust system will be straight pipes with glass packs.

I plan on using some inexpensive wheels, not authentic, mostly just want a polished aluminum lip, black painted inside and spinners.

My intentions are to go to a V8 conversion later, preferably a SBC 400 and manual tranny.

I will upgrade the suspension and brakes a little at a time as budget permits.

Does anyone detect any flaws in my plan?

More questions:

I live in michigan and my garage is not heated, will my body panels crack due to the cold during storage or will they be fine?

Where can I get inexpensive wheels and should I be using a spacer/adapter to fit a different lug pattern? ..also what size are people using for the back tires? (275/50/15)?

What cost can I expect for a set of 4 "inexpensive" wheels and tires?

What cost can I expect from lights, emblems and any thing else I didnt think of?

Thanks,

Jerrit

Jerrit-I am working on a Zebra kit to fit the s30(70-78) body. This kit looks somewhat like the Tomahawk kit. You may want to delay your purchase of the Thunder Ranch kit and wait on the Zebra to hit the market. Just something for you to ponder. I have already got the widebody kit into production as we speak. Take a look at this kit also.

Jerrit-I am working on a Zebra kit to fit the s30(70-78) body. This kit looks somewhat like the Tomahawk kit. You may want to delay your purchase of the Thunder Ranch kit and wait on the Zebra to hit the market. Just something for you to ponder. I have already got the widebody kit into production as we speak. Take a look at this kit also.

Please post some pics of the Zebra kit.

I have seen the Tomahawk kit and dont care for it, besides, im interested in building a 250 GTO replica, not an AC 427 Cobra replica.

Can anyone answer the questions I asked above please.

Thanks,

Jerrit