HybridZ

Component set up in 260z

Guest SupraG

I am planning on installing my components up front in my 260z, and am trying to get ideas from those of you who have done the same. I went to a local car audio store to get ideas about the install, and they suggested doing a kick panel which housed the 6 1/2" and tweeter. They were also planning on installing my 11" sub in the passenger foot well. They quoted me just over $1000.00 cad = $875 usd for the install. I don't mind spending this much for an install, but it didn't seem that special and the way they planned on mounting both the mid driver and tweeter in the same kick panel seemed a little odd to me.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=105320

This is what I had originally had in mind for the 6 1/2" mid driver. I was planning on also incorporating the tweeter into the top corner of the door panel. Does anyone know if this fiberglass door panel is out of R&D and into production?

Also, has anyone mounted their tweeters in the chrome rotating vent location in their dash? If this door panel is in production, I may install the tweeters in the vent location and install the mid driver into the door panel.

Help!

The short answer is "no." Pete is the fiberglass guy I was (am?) working with to get these things made. His last post was today, which states:

Hi everyone' date='

Sorry to keep you all waiting in limbo with updates on the progression of the panels but my life has a way of getting in the way of my passion.

So basically the original molds that I made werent up to par in terms of the overall fit, enough so that I wasnt willing to put my name on something that would bring more grief during the install process than pride with the finished product. In the interim I have been busy with 510 products such as kick panels, a second set of tweeterless panels, complete interiors and a hood mold as well as honing my carbonfiber skills.

Email me for pics of what Ive been busy working on as I cant figure out how to attach picture files (stupid stupid) Feel free to repost them to this site once I email you. I have a few door panel ideas as well as a kick panel ideas that are currently on the back burner but simmering none the less. If you have any questions, comments, concerns or whatever, feel free to drop me a line. I can be reached through my website: strictly510.com

I look forward to hearing about your ideas and design options

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/205650162.html

try this one as well:

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos[/quote']

So no, they have not successfully been completed for the Z as of yet.

Davy