HybridZ

HDTV? Try HD-MSnS-Extra!!

trippintl0

OK, not really High-Def, but High-Resolution MSnS Extra. I was just reading on the new msnsextra website ( http://www.msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=18741&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 ) when I heard about Hi-Res MSnS-Extra code. It sacrifices the Pulse-Width Modulation (for use with low-impedance injectors) in favor of much higher resolution of the injector pulse widths (thousandth of a ms rather than tenth).

After reading about it this morning, I decided I wanted it. Since I had previously wired up my injectors with butt-crimp connectors, I figured I needed to replace the wiring anyways. So I got my soldering gun & heat shrink and wired up the old 280zx dropping-resistors (I was previously using the Flyback board and PWM to control the low-imp. toyota supra 440cc injectors). Recalibrated new code with EasyTherm, and loaded it up.

The results? WOW! This code is sweet. I had been having a problem of a rough idle that like to wander up and down. That's all gone now. Idle is sooo smooth, it's lovely. Other people also mentioned that their WideBand O2 Sensor doesn't fluctuate as much - I didn't really notice this, but I don't look at the o2 sensor much anyways, so who knows..

Anyways, if you are running MS1 with MSnS-Extra, I recommend the hi-res code!