HybridZ

Got it back together and test drove!!!!

Guest V8Z

Post up some more specs on the car!!!

Love the seats did you do the install? What mods did you have to do to make them fit?

Tell us about that 5 lug swap, wheel and tire combo.

You've got a super clean car there!!!

Silver Z's coming out of the wood work!!!

More info more info more info!!!

The paint is from a 2004 350Z (Chrome Silver), My goal in this project was to make it look as factory as possible from the outside, and under the hood to look like a V8 was a factory option. Under the hood I used a spot weld remover and remove ALL unnessary tags and clips, Weld up all the holes and painted flat black. I almost went TPI but it added to many wires for me and cluttered up the engine bay. I put five lug conversion for MM and all four adjustable coil overs from MM. Rear disc from a 240sx. 17x8 Boyd Coddington smoothie rims 5.5 offset and 235-40-17 on all four corners. I used the JTR conversion book for my install and tweaked the mounting location as low and far back as I could go without modifying my hood latch, So if that is scraab location then sure. Removed all molding and turn signals, Headlights have amber turn signal built in. Euro front and rear bumpers, This was very hard to find at a good price. Found them at Zedd Findings in Canada. Dyno matted the entire inside, and undercoated the entire underneath.I replaced every bolt and nut on the car with stainless steel. The 3rd pic down shows were I had the car media blasted, It's were all the paint was blasted off with baking soda and doesn't hurt the metal underneth. I have had the car since I was 17 (30 now). I had to do the T5 five speed. I said if I ever did a V8 Z it would be a stick, and it is lots of fun to drive. All poly bushings front and rear, and I never would have figured out the rear pin bushings without hybridz comrads. I listed somemore pictures going through the build up process below. Thanks for all the kind words, I see it everyday and kinda forgot that it is a BADASS car, so thanks for the reminders!!!!!!

pauls_z_when_bought.jpg

pauls_z_stage_2.jpg

pauls_z_1.jpg

Im_in_my_prime_1.jpg

11429DSCF0034.jpg

So smooth.. The cleanest detailed engine compartment in a Z I've seen. Looks like it was made for the V8. Details like the power brake booster vacuum line, the lack of wires and relays all very nice. Exterior fit and finish looks perfect! Just lets me see how far I still have to go! Thanks for the inspiration. Your old wheels look like ATS german made, one of my all time best looking wheel. Got any more plans for project?? Lee