HybridZ

Ooohhh Look what started shipping

I was just drooling over this block but I decided to get an LS7 shortblock instead. Now I'm waiting for the Warhawk LS7 heads. The flow numbers out of the box are freaking amazing.

Why the LS7 shortblock? I went with the L92 heads on the end, but if I end up lifting one then I'll get the LS7X heads for the extra head studs. For nearly any application I'd say you have other options than the LS7 stuff, plus your boosted so the "weak" L92 heads should offer plenty (over 320 out of the box for under a grand including Patriot's spring kit).

Are you using the rear end of a c6 also?

I'm not sure yet. I'm going to stay IRS, but I don't want to go another route (I have an R200 LSD which I'll sell before cranking it past ~700) unless I'm sure it'll take the power (or stands a decent chance to). My motor's being fed by an 88mm turbo with a T6 flange...

Why the LS7 shortblock? I went with the L92 heads on the end, but if I end up lifting one then I'll get the LS7X heads for the extra head studs. For nearly any application I'd say you have other options than the LS7 stuff, plus your boosted so the "weak" L92 heads should offer plenty (over 320 out of the box for under a grand including Patriot's spring kit).

I'm using an LS7 shortblock because Scoggins Dickey was able to come up with a wet sump setup for about $6100, somewhat "reasonable" and I didn't really know when the Warhawk blocks will really be available. The tuning shops are going to get them first, for sure. As far as the heads, I would prefer the LS7x heads (they are supposed to be cheaper than the factory heads), but the stock heads flow really well, so I am not absolutely commited to them-they say they will be shipping them in mid Nov, but who knows for sure. This will be for my RX7, which will not be boosted.

The L92 stuff is going to be awesome once it hits the general market. "Cheap" and makes a lotta horsepower.

The Warhawks should be available to "regular" people by the end of the year. I talked with my builder about the advantages of a dry sump, but he said with work the GM blocks shouldn't need one, and the Warhawk is completely redesigned so it won't need one.

There's no way you're going to leave that thing NA. Once you go boost, you have to have it :drool: :yum: Then you'll be :bash: yourself because you got the stock LS7 bottom end. :haha: If that's the power you're after (~600hp), why not get a cheap 402 LS2 based motor and a "small" turbo? Wouldn't that run less than the LS7, make the same power, and have better driveability/mileage? I hate that big NA motors are a PITA to drive with the heads/cam packages they need to make big power. I love the fact that my TA drives like a stock car though (baby cam)!

Factory LS7 heads are expensive, 4 times the cost of the L92s.

The Warhawks should be available to "regular" people by the end of the year. I talked with my builder about the advantages of a dry sump, but he said with work the GM blocks shouldn't need one, and the Warhawk is completely redesigned so it won't need one.

There's no way you're going to leave that thing NA. Once you go boost, you have to have it :drool: :yum: Then you'll be :bash: yourself because you got the stock LS7 bottom end. :haha: If that's the power you're after (~600hp), why not get a cheap 402 LS2 based motor and a "small" turbo? Wouldn't that run less than the LS7, make the same power, and have better driveability/mileage? I hate that big NA motors are a PITA to drive with the heads/cam packages they need to make big power. I love the fact that my TA drives like a stock car though (baby cam)!

Factory LS7 heads are expensive, 4 times the cost of the L92s.

You're right about the fact that I'm plotting to someday boost the thing. It is addictive. Fortunately, it's very difficult boost an RX7 and keep everything under the stock hood. That's why I've decided to go all motor on this project, and that's why I went with more displacement when the opportunity presented itself. Besides, the FD3S is better suited as a track car, and boost isn't as helpful in this situation.