HybridZ

I need some advise on wheel/tire combo for my 76 280z.I just bought the 84 300zx non-turbo rotors and the 1989 Toyota 4x4 calipers. I also got a set of spacers to put between the hub and the rotor. Well now my wheel hits the front side of the caliper where it meets at the hub. What size wheel and offset should I use for my set up? The hub is still the 4-lug pattern. Here is a picture of my old set set up.

image2_thumb.jpg

I have the same setup you do. I have Panasport 16x7 wheels that clear just fine. The real issue is not just the offset, but the shape of the backside of the wheel. Some wheels will have more clearance than others where the caliper sticks out the farthest. I'm not sure how to know in advance if a wheel is going to clear unless you find someone else who's already used it.

I just tried my old wheels and they too hit the front side of the caliper. Can you grind the front side smooth on the caliper? The 89 4x4 caliper has fins or ripples that's what the wheel is hiting.what is the best size wheel and back spacing to use with this type of set up?I also have the zg flares on the car.