HybridZ

Couple of problems solved with my LS1

I've been battling with running problems with my LS1 Z. I finally got these problems solved. The passenger side plugs were back firing and raw fuel was dumped into the exhaust. I had to re-pin my PCM connectors before to use the 99 and up PCM. So I checked the wiring and they looked OK. I did the ohm check from the PCM to each igntion coil and realized that the wires were not correct. I look back to the PCM wiring diagrams for the 98 and 99 and I found the difference. Appearantly the 98 and 99 models had the same wire colors but for some reasons the passenger side ignition coil wires are different in function. This was why I had ignition coil 2 and 8, and 4 and 6 reversed. So I opened up the PCM connectors and swap the wires for the coils to the passenger side. The car runs and idles good now but when I take it out and try to smoke the tires it sputtered, feel like it loses power. So I think it might had something to do with the torque management. I checked the PCM wiring again and there is a Gry wire that from the extended brake switch. This wire needs to see 12V when the brake is not pressed and 0 volt when the brake is pressed. So I hook this wire directly to 12v. Took the car out and it runs like a champ. Here is a video of a quick run. You can hear my wife said don't run into that car sitting on the left side walk. That's why I didn't gun it. I afraid I loose control and hit that damn car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HxZzcPJgYk

Sorry for the long post. If you plan to re-pin your PCM just pay attention of the ignition wires to cylinders 2, 4 ,6 and 8. Also the torque management was supposed to be turned off in my PCM but I didn't do the programming. So the best way to disable the TM is to hook up the brake wire to the PCM to 12V. Good luck

Vinh

cho240z,

No that thing doesn't have a full exhaust yet. It just has a short pipes down from the collectors. I just got my side pipes so this will be my next thing to do. Once I am done with the exhaust I think I can start stripping it down and work on the frame. You are welcome with the gauges. I didn't help much.

Vinh