HybridZ

Toyota 3A engine goes boom....oopsie

Globerunner513

DSC01402.jpg

Well, my little yellow 4WD tercel kicked the bucket over the summer(with a little involuntary encouragement from me) and threw a rod. Pretty sure the head is cracked, but havnt checked anything.

So now im sure you're all saying "what, didn't have any oil?"

if you are saying that, then...well....you're correct.:oops: Long story, but my sending unit screwed up for some reason a couple days prior, so didn't have a working oil light, and had done a pressure test with the oil filter (took it off to see if i had oil pressure) and i must have not lubed the gasket, or put it on too tight or something...but sure it blew out coming home from canada at 2am.

anyway i need to find a replacement. And they are harder to find than i would have thought. I've checked some local classifieds, including craigslists, and ebay, and even some japanese engine importers.

The car is a 1984 Toyota Tercel 4WD wagon.

Engine is a Toyota 3A.

anybody know any places to look that might have slipped by me?

thanks alot

You might have more luck putting in a 4a or 7a. I dont think that many 3a went to north america. Should bolt up to the same mounts and trannie and will be much nicer to drive. The 4a's came out here (New Zealand) with carbbies as well as fuel injection. I would try to find a carbbie one.

Douglas