HybridZ

Need help to find correct adapter size

Ron, I'm pretty sure that Ross Corrigan has the correct adapters for your car. Now, these fit an Accord, not a Civic right? Do you know the distance between the holes, like 4-1/2" or close to that? That will help. AFAIK, the backspacing should be standard Honda, no biggie--I know Ross has adapters for that, but its the bolt pattern that I'm curious about--is it in fact different from the Civic, or is it the same?

Davy

quote:

Originally posted by DavyZ:

Ron, I'm pretty sure that Ross Corrigan has the correct adapters for your car. Now, these fit an Accord, not a Civic right? Do you know the distance between the holes, like 4-1/2" or close to that? That will help. AFAIK, the backspacing should be standard Honda, no biggie--I know Ross has adapters for that, but its the bolt pattern that I'm curious about--is it in fact different from the Civic, or is it the same?

Davy

Hey Davy... Yes it's 6.25" (6-1/4") is what I measured. I still have no idea what mm spacer I need. Yes it's for a Accord, actually prelude... still the same bolt pattern 4 X 4.50 (4 X 114.3). Btw I did tell Ross my back spacing measurements a couple of days ago.

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: R0N ]

" Btw I did tell Ross my back spacing measurements a couple of days ago."

Ron, here londehdrider states his combo that clears some backspacing comboswith stock spring perches. The reason I don't just say go with 1-3/4" (lonehdrider runs 4.5"BS OK, and your wheels are 6.25 so 1-3/4 would place inside lip about the same if rims are v. similar in lip design, ie. extra 0.5" per side) is because you're fitting 7.5" width rims in a taller rim/tire combo, so just knowing what works to fit 7's isn't enough. I'd ask Lonehdrider how close he actually is to his stock spring perch/spring and see if his tire overall height is same as yours or if yours will be located higher allowing more or less room due to strut angle. If lonehdrider has 3/4" room to outside fender lip or more and 3/16's minimum on backside then it should all work out back. His front clearances would be of equal interest inner/outer etc.

As initially suggested I'd just measure up my own (meaning yours) cars clearances along with the specs on the wheel/tire you measured up with. If you're fitting them that tight it may in fact turn out you need slightly different spacer thicknesses front to rear.

Thanks for the update Ross. That would mostly like work but I think it would be to close inside the fender then I want. I want a spacer that will put the rim more towards the edge of the fender but still have enough clearance so the tire doesn't rub on the fender. The tire is flush with the with the rim lip.

Maybe a 2" - 2 1/4" spacer needed?