HybridZ

vg30et problems

Zchef85

i have a stock 1985 300zx turbo. the engine at idle is pretty erratic, when i start the car it starts idling at around 1500 rpm for a minute or 2 then starts to drop to normal so then i drive the car and when i stop at a light or whenever the engine idles up and down as high as 1100 and will falll to the point of almost stalling around 300 rpm, the car was previously in san fransico, CA and some of the electrical connections could be corroded by saltwater. from what i have learned from researching and talking to people is that it could be one of a couple things:dirty or damaged TPS, bad O2 sensor or vaccuum leak/problem, what do you guys think? thanks

oh by the way after i fix the problems with car right now (needs windshield sprayer motor/lines,steering rack boots,struts,power steering pump,bushings all around,and idle problem) i am looking to stiffen and lower the car, put in an LSD and hopefully get between 300-350 rwhp range sound good/ realistic to you guys

• 3 weeks later...