HybridZ

Stealth-Z's 1978 Fairlady Z 2+2 RB30DETT

Since Larry is so insistant about the Member Projects thread, I will start.

First off, it is a slow on going project. I am atempting to document as much as possible.

http://www.fairladyzg.com

Progress as of December 9, 2006

Received a twin plate Ogura clutch assembly yesterday. This was holding up the balancing of the RB30 internals. My original plans were to use a lightened JGY Customs flywheel.

The bodywork is still in progress. It will have alot of fiberglass pieces; Fenders, ZG flares, hood, and G-Nose. The G-Nose came from "Showcars" a few years ago. That piece required alot of finishing work. Luckily my brother is a bodyman. It just comes down to him having the time to come over and do the work.

Transmission mounts are welded in. Still need to convert the R34 transmission to a Push type clutch. I have all the parts, just need to drill and thread out a few holes.

The goal is to have the body look something like this one. My friend Don build this one in Okinawa Japan in 1986. Not many like the 2+2 body with the G-Nose but I always thought they looked good.

donz_1.jpg

donz_2.jpg

This is a long drawn out project.

• 3 years later...

Unfortunately the project has been parted out and scattered about.

The RB30 drive train is in the Los Angeles area. It will be going into a 240Z. He is upgrading from the RB26.

The body has been cut up. No one wanted a 2+2. The right hand drive parts are in Southern California being put to good use.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=155162