HybridZ

Non Z related Clutch engagement issue

Guest Darkskies7777

Guest Darkskies7777

Hi all,

I have an issue with my 350 rx7 conversion. Everything is done except the clutch, which will not disengage with the pedal pushed all the way down. I have tried bleeding, adjusting the pushrod, bleeding on the slave, and clearancing the floorpan to no avail. I am using a custom SS line with no leaks on a Wilwood 1" bore master and a stock style Bendix brand 88 Chevy camaro slave cylinder with a WC T-5. It has a GM performance lightweight flywheel and a SPEC stage II clutch (I know, I know, Crap right? Bought before I knew that). The throwout fork travels about 1.25" at full pedal stroke. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing my clutch to not allow the car to go into gear? It will with the engine off, but with it running, the shifter won't go anywhere. I need help, please send me any suggestions.

Thanks,

Nathan

I dont know alot but if possible I'd try to watch the clutch while someone presses the pedal to see what is happening. If its not releasing enough mess with the linkage more or check the clutch to see if any parts are broken, you might be able to see if its a linkage problem or clutch issue by just feeling the pedal. If its stiff that might mean your feeling the pressure of the springs and the clutch is ok, if its soft it might be some other problem with the actual clutch. Hope you figure it out.