HybridZ

Quick R230 question

Guest Grenade300

Guest Grenade300

On the input shaft of the R230 300ZX TT diff there is a flange with four bolt holes for the driveshaft to connect.

Are these four bolt holes the same bolt pattern as the flange on the R180 240Z diff?

I am getting ready to order the JCI LS1 kit for my '73 240Z. If the mounting faces on these diffs (where the driveshafts connects) are the same then I will go ahead and order the JCI driveshaft and just have the leingth of that driveshaft increased at a local shop to accomidate the shorter nose of the R230.

I will be installing the R230 diff after I get the LS1 conversion up and running. Don't want to put the cart before the horse. And yes, I know I woun't be able to really get on the gas till I get the R230 installed.

Is this a stupid idea?

Thanks,

Scott

Guest Grenade300

Thanks guys, from the posts pics I have been looking at, It looked like the R230 and R180 both had a 4 bolt pattern on the input shaft. My bad. I'll do a search for more info on this adaptor.

Scott