HybridZ

Tx1021's Lt1 into '76 280z

Hi, I have a 280z awaiting a Lt1 from a Camaro. I got the project about two years ago and did not have any time or space to work on it. I haven't even posted here for quite some time. But now I have the time and a free garage bay to get the swap done. I am going to be using the JTR swap. The only thing that has me really worried is the wiring for the LT1, but I think I will send my harness in and have it modded to be pretty much a standalone system.

As of now I have the original engine out and I have starting prepping the engine bay for paint. I have also started disassembling the interior as I will be repainting it at some point during the build.

790628_13_full.jpg

Heres a pic of the car and engine. More to come as i progress, but probly not till after Christmas.

790628_1_full.jpg

790628_3_full.jpg

• 5 months later...

Well it has been way too long. But here is some progress that ive been making. I really want to hear it run within a month so thats my goal.

Engine bay is pretty much stripped, except for the brake lines. Im going to start blasting tomoro and hope to have all of the minor surface rust taken care of by tomoro night. By the way this car is amazing, not a single piece of serious rust has been found anywhere, knocks on wood. Heres some pics.

P5160133.jpg

Interior is getting there.

P5160135.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The paint is done curing. Right now I'm putting all the necessary things back into the engine compartment before the lt1 goes in. Hopefully the Lt1 harness will be modded within the week. Want to hear it run before the end of summer.

Oh thought you all might like my curing booth. :-|

paint6.jpg

I really like how thePor-15 turned out. Its not for show cars but considering the little amount of prep that needs to be done and how tough it is, its good for project cars. Looks like black powdercoating.

paint4.jpg

paint5.jpg

Got alot done today... I reinstalled all the brake lines and shaped them where needed, pedal assembly, steering column, all steering components, and i got the radiator installed/test fitted. Its coming together pretty fast :D

paint7.jpg

paint8.jpg

• 1 month later...