HybridZ

Turn Signal Ideas Needed- HELP!

Guest VATEZ

I used motorcycle turn signals on the inside of the grill area on the bottom...

My friend Auxilary used motorcycle turn signals on his airdam and it looks great! They even curve a little for a near-perfect fit on the airdam. Check out the pic:

auxilary.jpg

Davy

I don't have a picture of it... but in exactly the same spot as Mike (2003z) installed his led's I mounted a LED marker light from a 18 wheeler. I found them at a trucker store. Mounted them well behind the grill so that you can't see them from the front without them on. Worked well so far.

I had the same air damn on my 280 . I cut out the stock turn signa housings to make room for air filters . Then the underside of the bumper just above the mesh grille towards the outer edges i cut a hole or i should say square hole about 3 inches long 1 inch deep .

I then took the stock turn signal housings and added a piece of stiff plexi glass to it as to have the bulb pointing forward and boxed it in except i left the bottom open . I blacked out what i added with paint .

Then i got some L brackets from the hardware store and mounted these above the holes i cut as to cast the light downwards into the opening where the mesh grille is .

It lit up the entire aera orange at nit but flashed when turning and was very noticeable .

Sorry i dont have pics i dont even have the air damn anymore as it didnt do a very good job as a " snow plow " . had to get to work and got caught in 2 feeet of snow on the way home ended up with only a piece of the thing the rest was somewhere on the open road

Jason