HybridZ

diff question R180 Truck diff?

gretchen/jason

Well ive read quite a few posts about pros and cons of R180's and such but my question is i got a R180 out of a 82 maybe 83 nissan pickup truck if that is the correct year i just remember it was a nissan truck . It was the front diff as it was 4 wheel drive .

Ive read about diffs having a big K stamped onto them well mine has the big K stamped on it . i wanted the diff because of the 4.11 gears it had and for 40$ who could argue . Ive run it for 3 years now 1 year with a V8 320 ft lbs of torque to the tires .

Is this diff the same as what was in my 78 280z to begin with ? Is it any better or any worse then a 78 diff ?

I noticed with the stock diff and 3.54 gears that 1 tire would spin alot on hard launches . Now if the road is good its hard to break them loose and if a tire does break loose not 1 tire spins but both .

I do know i had to get a solid diff mount as stock sucks . from all the info listed im going to upgrade my axls unless stock 78 axles are ok for the moment that is .

Thanks

Jason

" So i asked a guy ' you really thought a Mits Evo was faster then my datsun in the 1/4 mile !!!!!! :)