HybridZ

RB26dett swap begins

I started to tear down the new motor today.Stripped everthing that wont be used and probably dropped about 50 lbs in the process. This is the motor I'm replacing.Ive been asked "why" by just about everyone, and I dont have a really good reason.This motor dynoed at 326whp and 320ft/lbs wich should be plenty in a 2400lb car, but as you all know,plenty is a relative term.My goal is 450-500 whp, that should satisfy my growing need for "throttle therapy" for awhile.I anticipate this project will take a little over a year to complete.I'm starting with the motor, then chassis reinforcment and finally drop the built motor in next winter.I'm a metal fabricator by profession and will most likely fab extras of everything needed for this swap and will offer them for sale wheneverythings done and tested.Zs011.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

RB26dett004.jpg

This is whats replacing the L28. The plan is to build this badboy to 500 whp. I'll stiffen the chassis with a version of Petes design along with my own.Today I stripped off all the AAC plumbing and it cleaned t

hings up alot.Its so nice working on an engine that all the nuts and bolts will come off with your fingers after they've been loosend abit.Well, gotta get back to it, theres so much I still need to remove for inspection or replacement.Also all the fluff that will go off to the powdercoater.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Motors out and its on some stands I made a couple of years ago.This puts the car at a good height to drop the tranny and rear end, remove the doors, seats and interior to lighten everything up before it goes on the spit.I couldnt help not dropping the sweet hood I got from 280Zone on for a quik pic.

Swapbegins013.jpg

Swapbegins010.jpg

Swapbegins008-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...