HybridZ

Nalle Ltd Cobra Daytona Coupe Kit car with LS1

The title says it all. The reason I post this here because someone contacted John Washington for one of these body kit. I was just curious would anyone else interest in buying/building these Cobras? If we have enough people interest in buying I will lend the kit to John to make molds and start replicating them. I know this would be close to impossible to get this to work but we will see. Here is my web sitehttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2079260

Here is the info that I gathered for these Cobras. You can see there aren't many of these kits around. Enjoy

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/768663/9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

4/18/07 - Complete installing the C5 instrument cluster into the Z's dash. Still need a bit of finishing the surface of the dash before painting. This will be done later on anyway.

Also completed my exhaust and begin to work on flaring the Cobra 1/4 panels. The original kits flared about 3" on each side. I will rebuild these quarter panels and flare them out 3" more on each side. While I am at it I will build molds for them too. I plan to make these flares and modify them for other use and it doesn't hurt to have spare parts just incase.

Here are a few pictures of my progress. There are more on web page so please check it out.

2079260_294_full.jpg

2079260_302_full.jpg

2079260_314_full.jpg

2079260_315_full.jpg

2079260_322_full.jpg

2079260_321_full.jpg

Enjoy..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Finally finish working on my friend's (Thinh) Cobra. Now I can spend all my time working on mine again. We just put on 2400 miles this past week on this LS1 Cobra Z. We took the car to the Z convention in Daytona Florida. There were a lot of people that have no idea what is this kit and who made it at the convention lol.

2886004_25_full.jpg

2886004_23_full.jpg

More pictures can be seen on my web site

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Time for a little update on my Z's progress. I've been lazy lately since my vacation trip back to Vietnam. I kept seeing my friend (Tin) driving his Cobra so I decided to get off my lazy butt an get in the garage again. I got the undercoat and sound deathener removed. Fortunately there wasn't much rusts on the car. The rusts are at the overlapping joints of the floor pan and the firewall. I replaced the front rockers, battery tray area and build the mounting tabs for the engine crossmember for my LS1 this weekend. Here are the pictures to show off my fabrication skills. Enjoy

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2079260/7

BTW the 8th Cobra is sitting inside my garage now. It's been there since last summer.

Finished with the redesign crossmember for my LS1. I had to put the engine back and try on the exhaust and steering shaft to make sure everything still fit. Everything is good. Some pictures of the new crossmember. I also fix the rockers and a few rust spots on the car. More pixs are on my web site.

DSC03559.JPG

DSC03562.JPG

DSC03569.JPG

DSC03576.JPG

DSC03577.JPG

The engine will come out for the last time and then I can start prepping the frame for painting.

• 8 months later...