HybridZ

Coil-over connection...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey all. Ok, my question...

What is the best way to connect the coil over tops to the coils? Can I simply Zip-tie them (which I have plenty of) through the threaded holes on top or should I by the screws that fit the treads and use a brakect of some kind (which I don't have). What is the best way to solve my problem.

Thankx All,

Nic 2thumbs.gif

nbucholz@imageworksarch.com

Guest Anonymous

I just simply sleeved my existing struts and took a piece of 2.5 inch tailpipe to center the spring in the top. The bottom end is secured by notching the sleeves and welding two pieces of metal to the strut tubesto keep it from rotating. My adjusters have lock nuts. Basically mine is home made for about $65 a corner with springs

fyi burferkle

Guest Anonymous

Well in reality... icon_rolleyes.gif

I don't have a welder (sorry if I confused you twak.gif )

I have the flat top style tops, and noticed the top could pop out of place and become seperated from the coil, so I wanted to know if I could just zip tie them to the top coil windding and call it good, or do I need to use other methods of securing the top peice to the coil. Such as a screw (sorry no welding here frown.gif ).

Nice tip though, sounds sweet.

Still looking for an "easy answer" icon_biggrin.gif

Nic

Nic,

you dont need to do anything. the weight of the car is more than enough to hold them in place.

if you get enough AIR to completely unload the spring and that top perch unseats the landing will be so hard that whether or not this piece goes back into the spring seat should be the least of your concerns then...

thats IMO and i'm sticking to it b_hand.gif

this was just a reason to use a new graemlin...