HybridZ

Question on Getrag swap into a 300zx...

les

Fellows,

Does anyone know if the Getrag 6spd units (v160) in the SupraTT & the Nissan Skyline Getrag unit are the same. The project is an Imsa GTP VG30 engine in a Z31 . Apparently the stock tranny is good for 500-600 hp but the car will be running 800 whp and a more durable solution is needed .

Apparently, the imput shaft on the Toyota is much larger than the z31 unit. I think the imput shaft is 1.33 inches compared to the z31's tranny's appoximate 0.92" inches. Is there any way that one could put the imput shaft of a Nissan getrag trans in the Toyota Getrag trans? This way a Nissan clutch setup can be used? Do you guys see any other impediments to using the V160 besides the fact one would have to fabricate an adapter plate. Perhaps you have suggestions on other durable trans solutions.

Thanks for any help.

Les

If your looking for a durable 6 speed a T56 can be upgraded to handle over a 1000hp.I have a Rockland Standard Gear 750hp kit in my T56 with an adaptor bellhousing to an L series motor.You could have a similar bellhousing made from a Z31 T5 bellhousing and use Nissan clutch pieces.It is easier to have a custom clutch disc made than to change input shafts.Holding 800 hp is something that no stock type clutch will do, a twin disc unit will have to be used.

bellhousingfrontay8.jpg

t56jw2.jpg

dualdiscclutchyr6.jpg

http://www.rsgear.com/RacePerformancefiles/frame.htm