HybridZ

power steering

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey any one else thought of POWER STEERING on a 280Z V8? I would like to make it easier to turn at low speeds. Is there a ZX power rack??? mod for chev s.b.? Or would a gear coupler for the column make parking easier for my wife? (Gear reduction boxs I`v seen might get in the way with a small block and headers???) HELP

i work as a tech for a ford dealer.the late model explorer power rack should work.mounting bolts are straight up .if you weld a piece of steel plate to bottem of crossmember for rack to bolt to you will only have to hook up steering linkage.then get some borgeson steering joints for input shaft.rack is 2.75 turns lock to lock.

Guest VertexZ

mine is an 77 Oz spec 260Z...

the cross member is non standard, so I dont know exatly whats been done. I believe the other issue might be the drive side - my car being RHD. I dont know if it would be different with a LHD car...

Guest Anonymous

Ah, maybe they used a LH drive ZX rack and flipped it over so it'd work as front steer RH drive instead of back steer like on the ZX? (or did the ZX have recirculating ball box, or was that third gen?) smile.gif

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the input! AND THE PICTURES!!! Fords 95 Mustang rack was on a link also. I think it was on BACKYARDZPAGE BUT NOT SURE. (you know how links are ) I pick up a wrecked 85 300zx turbo today and may use its pump as will as other goodies (posi??? disks??? 5speed??? ) THANK AGAIN**