HybridZ

Anyone with Wirespoke Rim experience?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok, I will try to explain this as clearly as i can.

Rim.jpg

My pass. side rear rim (15 x 8) is loosing its spokes, one by one. It started out with only one spoke, which snapped at the inner rim. I didn't think anything of it. Then about a month later, 4 of them were broken. Now 8(!) of them are broke, all of the little inner ones.

I thought, no problem, I can get new spokes. Well, thats a negative. I tried for 2 1/2 hours this morning trying to just loosen one up. The spoke is so tight in the female screw part in the rim. I was able to get one spoke out about 2 turns, but then i gave up. These rims are exepensive(500 each) and i don't know what to do. I'm basically afraid to drive on it.

My only option i can think of is just to weld the spokes in the rim, but i would have a really hard tightening them down, seeing as i can't even get it out. Please anyone that may offer any insight help me, thanks again...

Guest Anonymous

Check your warranty.... and contact the manufacturer. Quit running that wheel because with that many spokes missing the wheel rim is subject to warp. The tension on each spoke has to be precise to keep the wheel rim straight. The wheels do not appear to be Dayton's. Check the low rider shops.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks evan, but i dont have any rims that would work w/ your adapters(although my buddy has a set of 18's i could use :-D. I am going to check around all day tomorrow and see what i can come up with, its defintately not getting any better so i have to do something. thanks guys

Guest JAMIE T

Check with VR engineering. Those wheels you have look like the ones they sell for considerably less than $500 each. You can get Daytons for $500 each, real knock-off too... I think I have seen Daytons for $1700 a set with adapters.