HybridZ

summit fuel cell sump fittings

660Z

• Administrators
On the sump fittings are they threaded into the pastic or is there a nut from behind. Like a bulk head fitting. I was able to tighten the one but the other is still seeping.

Thanks, Mark

YEEUP! I had the same issue. Summit 8 gallon plastic fuel cel, both outlet fittings leaked profusely. They were both only snug from SUMMIT, (I should’ve verified fitting tightness from the get go). I Tightened them both up and they stopped leaking. The Blow molded plastic of the cel itself and the nylon washers on the AN fittings have to conform to each other to seal 100%, and both are medium hard so you’ll be pushing the limits of the aluminum AN fittings threads for a positive seal…

I’m sure there are other alternatives to a positive seal, I just didn’t take the time to research it when I installed mine…

FuelcelMedium.jpg

Good luck…

Hey guys

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread from you, but a quick question.

Is the plastic lined fuel cells permitted for road racing? I believed they were only for Drag racing

I want to install a fuel cell in my car (soon to be road raced here in Canada) but am curious to know if the cell I choose to buy should be alumimun or steel skinned.

thanks

Jeff

BTW- I like the install, very clean !!

If I were going to road race, I would go with a steel skinned (plastic cell inside) with a tip over saftey valve.

Your rules might not require the steel skinned style, but you have more of a chance of roll over then with drag racing. I know all forms of automotive racing will require you to have a tip over valve.

Mark