HybridZ

Parting with my Project, interested?

Guest MikiK

Guest MikiK

Guys, I am parting with my current project car. It's a 1978 280 z. I bought the car last year from a local. I was going to fix it up for race purpose and then drive it like I stole it. Due to school and running a small business I am not able to put in the time needed. Since it's taking space up in my garage I would like to sell it to someone who has the time needed to finish it. I rather see it completed than destroyed. That's the reason why I though I put it here rather than on eBay. I want the person interested to know exactly what they are getting.

Some background on the car:

The car was in a low speed front collision, radiator support is cut out.

I bought the car last year.

I stripped it completely and had it sand blasted.

I did some welding work, replaced the rusted firewall, batter tray.

I also fabricated the passenger side frame rail. Fully welded it in.

I started on the passenger floor and that's about it.

The car is located in Cumming, GA. All the parts that came with it would be included,shell,engine, suspension, tranny, diff, axles, doors windows, trunk, manuals etc... I bought some parts for the turbo conversion, I can include it for extra money. (Turbo manifold, p91 head with solid lifters conversion)

I know that pictures are worth more than thousand words. I left my digital camera at work so I will get those monday night, tuesday. I just want to get the wheel rolling as I would like to get something arranged by end of this week since I will be going back to school after spring break.

I would like to get $700.00 for the car. Pick up only. I don't have anything to tow it with.

and $500.00 for the p91 head and the turbo manifold. Which is in great condition. I would like to sell it all together but the car has to go before I sell the p91 head and manifold.

Contact me if you are interested. I will try to answer any questions asap. Pictures will be up soon.

PM or email (email me at m_i_k_i_k_@_speakeasy_.net get rid of all underscores)

Guest MikiK
P-91 head??? Is that a rare one? :confused:

Rare, I don't know how rare. but it came of a L28ET block. Pretty much from the zx turbo cars. It has the oval exhaust ports. Should flow nicer since it's designed for a turbo car. I have all the papers somewhere where I wrote down comparisons, etc. I can't find them. I belive there's a p-91 and a p-91a the p-91a is a later version with hydraulic lifters. They aren't as reliable as the solid ones (especially for modified engines) so this one was converted to solid lifters.. It's been resurfaced, new seals and prepped for install. I am pulling most of this stuff out of my head right now and I haven't had a chance to look at it. Pictures of everything will follow.