HybridZ

What A/F ratio's to aim for with stock L26

ZD44TT

Hi guys,

I did a search and it seems most ppl on here have L28's so I couldn't find what I was looking for.

My Engine:L26 late model E88 head.

Stock round top SU's with trumpets and Full exhaust.

I was hoping someone on here would know what would be a good A/F ratio to aim at under the current set up.

And is there a systematic way to set the A/F ratio as it simply just a nut under the SU's. i.e increments being inconsistant.

Cheers,

William.

I run socks on them.

260zEngine002.jpg

Flarespoiler002.jpg

There is no true a/f adjustment with the SU (not easy anyway). It is dependent upon which needle you are using. You would need a large selection of needles and a good analyzer to acheive balanced a/f. Even then it would only apply to your engine as is. Any changes would throw it off again. I believe the typical needle is N47 while others use the SM. The latter provides more fuel across the rpm range typically for modified engines. Use a good unisyn to balance the carbs and adjust for stable idle around 750 rpms.

The trumpets look cool but you'll wear out rings and cylinder walls in short order running these without any filters.

how do you check the timing of the car when you can't see the timing chain? do you check alternator belt with a timing gun? sorry I'm very new to L's.

I did a good service on it when i first got it about 2 months ago........new spark plugs, wites, oil.