HybridZ

Suggested spring poundage?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Howdy, all. I'm planning on getting the coil over spring setup from Motorsport Auto, along with the Tokico Illumina shocks and som other assorted parts. I finally sold a car so I have to blow some $$$ on parts before my woman spends it all.

I have a 78 V8 Z in the Scarab position. I use it for performance on the street and a few occasional track events. I want a "happy medium" between handling and ride quality maybe leaning a little bit towards performance.

I'd like recomendations from other people with the same or similar setups for the spring psi.

Tyler, drop me a line at

mailto:rossc@shaw.ca

I'm busy at work at present but can reply in any detail you wish later via email, lots of ride spec's on this site. You'll want minimum 150/175 spring rates and more likely a 175/200 or 175/225 for best 'medium' which really isn't any sacrifice for your uses, notch up would be 200/225 or 200/250 but that is substantially stiffer. You didn't pass on any info on your car's power/brakes/tread plans or expected speeds....these can affect choices to further reduce nose dive or rear squat if you have an expected excessive force on either end and treads to help you realize it 2thumbs.gif That info will reduce above choices to a decision.

I can have all those parts on your doorstep for less than MSA and with superior service, just an option.

My car, which has a jtr kit, has 225F/200R on it and it is a very tight ride on the street. Drives like a dream though. If I was going to put a lot of street miles on it, I'd probably want to soften it some.