HybridZ

Reward Headers??

Guest needwaymorespeed

quote:

Originally posted by needwaymorespeed:

Has anyone used the 1and 3/4 block huggers from reward headers on there car??

wondering how they fit?

thanks

Curtis

I looked into them last summer. They were very helpful and cooperative on the phone as well as willing to do a 'few' custom tweaks to better fit my ZX. I'll be ordering their 1-3/4's as soon as I have the dough for the rest of my exhaust system and decide if I want 2.5" collectors or 3" smile.gif. $300 coated is a fine price IMO for what they're producing. I was going to spec flange to rail and oilpan tolerances as well as flange angle/back slightly on drivers side to clear my steering shaft (3" is v. tight on one side).

Any preferred advice on actual pipe/collector etc sizing? I got info back from Spintech saying to go 3" on header collectors but then to reduce to 2.5" for my Y pipe to a 3.5" single with their sportsman muffler up front and a Hp series out back ( I requested maximum quiet for 325rwhp 350). I've been told to go 2.5" collectors as a dual 2.5" Y pipe is a smoother transition to a 3" single than a dual 3" to a single 3" considering overall area. I was thinking perhaps a lot of gas cooling would have occurred by my Y and thus benefit of dual 3" on Y pipe may still be OK......

all ideers welcome, I got a lot of info from the other 'one or two' muffler thread as well

and I did read those pipe spec/hp rec'd from flowmaster saying 3" single is good to 400hp or so

PSSS I didn't find anyone who's used rewarder headers so far but they're not your typical streetrod offering amongst those I know.

------------------

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.