HybridZ

74 260z 2+2

I found one of these for sale locally for cheap and in great condition but was wondering if it's worth it to get the 4 seater to fix up. I was thinking of either putting a L28 into it from my friends 75 280 and helping him swap a 350 SBC into his. Or should I put the 350 SBC into the 260Z 2+2? OR, not bother with this if a 2+2 isn't worth it....

Guest hella_hung

if it's a deal go for it. dont depend on others. if you like the way it looks and have addtional 2 back seats. go for it!!! to be honest, most people dont like 2+2. if you like to be unique, then you should do it

if it's a deal go for it. dont depend on others. if you like the way it looks and have addtional 2 back seats. go for it!!! to be honest, most people dont like 2+2. if you like to be unique, then you should do it

Well like he said most people dont like the 2+2 but I think they look good. If you do get a 2+2 Id be sure to see that most the weatherstripping is fine and metal is rust free in the back end. If theyre are alot of issues with 2+2 specific parts youll probably be smarter to find a coupe, but if Its in good condition and you like the way it looks go for it. Before you do buy it if you do Id look around some more looking for other Z's for sale. Jumping on the first one you see may get you a good car or may just make yourself a big hassle.

Mabey we could get some pictures?

Hi everyone, I went to check out the car today and decided to pick it up. This is going to be a project car for me and my friend. It's a 74 260Z 2+2 (white in color) The engine was rebuilt about 4,500 miles ago and has dome top SU carbs and a RX-8 electic fuel pump. We towed her back to my friends house and started to prep the engine for start up. It hasn't been started for about a year and a half.

Here are some pictures:

IMGP0086.jpg

IMGP0051.jpg

IMGP0095.jpg

IMGP0054.jpg

IMGP0066.jpg

IMGP0066.jpg

I have a few questions about hoses and connections.

Can someone tell me if this needs to go anywhere?

IMGP0075.jpgIMGP0075.jpg

Also is this hanging thing supposed to go anywhere?

IMGP0073.jpgIMGP0073.jpg

The piece that I'm holding used to go inbetween the left vacuum hose and where it connects to the manifold and the T was blocked off so I just took it out. Is this ok, or is that supposed to go somewhere? Also the vacuum hose on the right doesn't connect anywhere, is that ok or should it go somewhere?(let me know if you have no idea which ones I'm talking about and I will repost the picture with circles around them.)

IMGP0083.jpg

We got the engine to start up and idle. The idle is still pretty rough...The problem we have now is when we slowly get on the throttle the engine starts to stall, if we quickly kick and hold the throttle a decent amount then it will rev up but the rear carb will pop and spit out white smoke. This is my first time working with carbs so bear with me please...I found articles about how to tune the SU carbs so I will be reading them and learning how to tune it and give it a try tomorrow. I will also be posting better pics of the car tomorrow.

That convertable looks great! I think the 2+2's look alot better in convertables then the coupes.

Someone asked which parts were hardest to find and the hardest are the metal replacment panels, interior parts, and weatherstripping. MSA has started to make some 2+2 interior parts but all of them.