HybridZ

No turning back now!!!

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

I have cut the front of my car completely off. I am building a tube front subframe like Ron Jones' car has(thanks Ron for the Photos, you sent them to me about 6 months ago) All suspension mounting points remaain in the stock location. The roll cage tubing extends to about were the old radiator support would have been. The upper strut mount attaches to the rollcage. I am using coilover conversion and full ZF Racing Suspensions(of course) adjustable arms on all four corners. My car is not a Drag only car, it is going to have a R230 rear eventually, but a welded R200 for the time being. I will have pics when I am a little further along.

Oh dear!! This I've gotta see! I think this is one step where you can definitely say that it's all the way or nothing at all. I don't think I'd have the cojones to cut off the front clip of my car even after extensive measurements and research... you did all that right?? :D

Guest JAMIE T

I was supposed to take measurements? bonk.gif

Yeah, I took measurements. But, I have another car to go by if things go craZy. I made the frame BEFORE ever cutting the old clip off. Now, I just need to cut the old frame(sheet metal channel under the car), and grind all that smooth, and grind the firewall smooth(at the cut points). I will likely fill in all of the un-used holes in the firewall as well.