HybridZ

corvette oil pan part numbers

I am just curious how do you plan to fit the C5 LS1 oil pan into your Z? I have a C5 LS1 oil pan in my Z but I have to cut the wings for it to fit. Otherwise you will have to move the TC mountings to the front of the crossmember in order to fit the C5 oil pan in there. Sorry I don't have the info for the windage tray and the dip stick. You might want to look at ls1tech or corvetteforum. GL

ill will be cutting the tips off (about 1.5 inches). i test fitted a f body pan and had some major concerns, though i know alot of people are using them. my car will be pretty low so i figures the c5 single piece pan is the best way to go.

btw nice car! i dont think im gunna cut off as much as you did but rather take off the ends.

I noticed you are putting a turbo onto this mtor. Which side of the engine do you plan to run the exhaust and where you put the turbo? You will need to pay close attention to the exhaust if you plan to run it down under the car. The C5 wings (if leave too long) will interfere with the exhaust. Check out the picture of my exhaust in this link

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=120461

Good luck. I am interest in your project.

im gunna try and run the exhuast out the pass. side because of the steering on the driver's side. if i have to, ill hack off the entire wing on that side. im mounting the turbo in front of the engine (about 1 inch infront of the waterpump). its gunna be a tight fit so ill be fabing up some log style headers similar to this:

http://www.ls1speed.com/pictures/TT010.jpg

hopefully ill have enough progress to take some pictures in about 2 months, righ now im finishing up my college semester but its almost summer!!!! as soon as i have something ill post..

Boy from Oz: thanks, found ill i needed from the ls1tech.com sticky.

interesting thing i found. you can get a brand new ls1 f body pan for $150 from gm direct. iv seen used pans go for more on ebay!