HybridZ

Question about aftermarket guages and where to tap for oil/water

I've got a line on some used Autometer Ultra Lite mech oil pressure and mech water temperature guages. Where's the best places to tap for these "signals" so I can get a good reading? I figure mech guages are cheaper and get a better reading, so why not? Also I read you have to use NPT fittings and things to get the liquids to the guages so they can get a reading. Anyone care to enlighten me on what you went through and if it was a pain in the ass or not, and also what things you have found to make it a little easier. I'm probably going to try and reguage and rewire the car in a weekend with some help. It's nice when your car has pretty much no interior in it, makes things like this a lot easier :-D

It'll be an F54 non turbo engine with a turbo on it. I talked with Bobby out in Colorado, said he just used the stock electrical oil pressure sender and put a line in hole that for the oil pressure guage, and then took a t-fitting type adapter into the part that mounts to the block that sends water to the heater core for his mechanical water temp guage. I'll just do what he did.