HybridZ

my throttle assy

Guest kc6wfs

Guest kc6wfs

Hello everyone.

Several people have emailed me the last few weeks on how I did my throttle cable, so I have added to my web page some pics and details of how I did mine for $8.00 worth of parts and using the stock bellcrank.

Let me know what you think. http://www.geocities.com/kc6wfs/240z.html/linkage.html

Thanks.

Dave Booth

------------------

www.geocities.com/kc6wfs/240z.html

www.NitroPhotos.com

For some reason, the audio isn't supported by my software...even when I download it from Microsoft--bother!

Your bike part innovation looks good! Hope it works well too for a long time! Keep us posted on the progress of your car!

David smile.gif

Hey, I was one of those guys!

I have $3.50 invested. I bought a brake cable bucket from a bike shop, $1, corner bracket, Home Depot $2.50. I'm using the stock tpi cable, cut off. I need to drill out the bucket slightly to fit the cable. I still don't know how I'm going to connect the cable to the bellcrank though.

Guest kc6wfs

Hi Dan,

To attach it to the ball of the bellcrank you can do one of 2 things,

1) use the old female part of the ball joint and cut the rod short, sand the exposed metal clean and braise the cable to the rod.

2) if you see my picture the 1/2" ubolt just fits so it will not pull out. Slip the cable under or over the U and pull back about 1/2" and use a (lead or steal) crimp. Fishing tackle places should have it or you can use those little metal crimp rings.

I'm going to do #1.

Dave

------------------

www.geocities.com/kc6wfs/240z.html

www.NitroPhotos.com

Heh, then there's the guy I saw - he tied a shoelace onto the bellcrank!

Me, I did the JTR thing and bought one of those sweet Lokar cables. they look pretty nice IMO but the bicycle stuff sounds pretty neat too - I'd love to see a clear picture so I could better understand how it looks and works. My car has already had that bellcrank removed though - I zapped ALL extra brackets that I could easily remove. smile.gif